This Is 30
Today I turned 30 and it feels great to be leaving the 20’s and starting the 30’s. Its been a great journey thus far and I don’t see why some people don’t like getting older.
1. What I was told growing up was it gets worse as you get older
- Growing up I remember sooo many adults complaining about getting older and saying “You just wait”, “You have no idea how much getting older sucks”, and “Being 18-21 was the best”. Looking at it from where I’m at now, they were so far off from the truth.
2. Not letting my birthday expectations get out of hand
- I’m not a big birthday person and I generally find that birthdays are nothing special. Most times I end up getting the birthday blues, I make it up in my head to be something bigger than it is and it doesn’t live up to the hype. So I just started not putting a huge expectation on the day and it has been all good.
3. Science tells us that as you get older you gradually decrease in athletic ability
- Being in the personal training industry and learning in school that the average persons peak performance tops out at the age of 21 can be somewhat discouraging. Not letting that stat be true and pushing my limits, I’m in the best shape of my life and I’m super driven to keep getting better.
4. If I do it right I should be building my knowledge base as I get older
- All the situations I have gone through have given me the opportunity to become smarter and learn from them. Even if certain situations go horribly wrong I should be able to take something away from that moment and put it towards something in the future that will in turn help me.
5. Realizing where I am at, living in the moment, and just enjoying it
- Although I’m not a huge birthday person this birthday is probably the most excited I have been about a birthday since elementary school. The place I’m at in my life at 30 years old is way better than 18, 21, or 25 and it keeps getting better. I cant wait to get older and see what the future holds.
- Papa Bird
To subscribe click here -->