Beat The Blues
It would be totally awesome if I could wake up and be on point every single day, but let’s be real, that isn’t very realistic. Over the last two days I’ve struggled a bit - fighting a nasty migraine, not sleeping great, battling crazy ass hormones. And today I woke up, still with my migraine and still tired and I just felt grumpy. Irritable that I was feeling irritable to say the least. I didn’t want that to be my day. I wanted to have a good day despite these blues. So here’s what I did to snap out of it:
1. Got Ready - as much as I wanted to stay in my pyjamas with my hair in a bun on top of my head all day I knew it wouldn’t be conducive to promoting a better mood. So upstairs I went. Got dressed. Did my hair and makeup and also got Baby Bird dressed and ready for the day. Look good. Feel good.
2. Went outside - It was an absolutely beautiful day today. Sun shining. Great temperature. Fresh fall air. So I whipped out the stroller, packed up Baby Bird, put my headphones in, grabbed a water and out the door I went. It’s seriously AMAZING what a little fresh air and sunshine can do for the mind and body.
3. Ate a healthy lunch - As temping as it is to gorge in delicious sweets and comfort food on moody days, it really doesn’t help. So I had a delicious chicken salad with quinoa. Eat good. Feel good.
4. Hydrate - Drinking lots of water helps me stay focused and feeling good. Not to mention it helps with the headache.
5. Take a nap - Naps are like the reset button of a day. Sometimes time doesn’t allow for a nap but if it does, it sure helps…even if it’s a short one.
6. Workout - Even though I didn’t really feel like it, I got myself into the gym. Working out is a great stress reliever for me. It allows me to channel all my grumpiness and release it from my body. Not to mention the added benefits for the mind, body, and even helps with sleeping better at night.
Summary: Moody days happen. Recognize it. Choose happiness. Get outside. Beat the blues.
- Mama Bird
To subscribe click here -->